There's a storm brewing inside me,
My heart wants to shout out loud,
How I Wish I could set it free,
So I could be at peace,within and without.
No wonder I feel so much pain,
No wonder I feel so low,
I wonder what could I possibly gain,
Wonder why I just can't let it flow.
Wish my heart had the wings,
Wish it were a little brave,
Wish it could cut through the strings,
And fly at its will,so I crave.
Torn between what is wrong, what is right,
It tries to reason things out,but logic defies,
An engulfment of dilemma smothers it with all its might,
Enslaved by my mind, quietly it cries.
At one point, it feels it would lose out,
To the mighty mind that always seemed so right,
How on earth could it contradict,
How long could it carry on with the fight?
But then,
I've come to this world for a short span,
I have a purpose that I need to achieve,
I am here, not to tread the beaten track,
But to follow only what I believe.
And now I know,
That my heart has the wings,
Yes, it is a lot fearless,
Yes, it has cut through the strings,
No more does it feel helpless.
No more do I feel the pain,
No more do I feel any low,
I trust what I could actually gain,
'Coz I have now let it flow.
There's a different storm brewing inside me,
My heart now wants to reach out,
Yes, I have set it free,
Am now at peace, within and without.
Reminds me of Vagabond by R.L. Stevenson, great work, keep it up
ReplyDeleteFollow your passion Tiara... real good stuff!
ReplyDeletetiara very nice :) and now keep it rolling .. all d best dear
ReplyDeleteAtlast u have chosen the right path for ur life. Wish u all the very best...
ReplyDeleteThanks folks... its heartening to see that you appreciated this... :-)
ReplyDeleteUnmistakbly a familiar conscience, that one braves through the ebbs and flows of life.....loved it! Keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteParo Di!!!... Thanks so much for appreciating. Really need such encouragement always... :-)
Delete