So it all began with (surprise surprise!) receiving "Happy Birthday" greetings over conference call the previous night, followed by a little cake
cutting ceremony at midnight. Waking up early morning was easy, though not
necessary as there was no rush to be at the workplace. Spotting a pale white moon on the 9:30 am-bright-blue-sky was something I hadn't witnessed for a long time, so my good friend Nikon came to my aide there. One glance at my phone
and I was welcomed by n-number of watsapp pings, while discovering that most of
my wapp groups have got renamed Happy Birthday Tia, HBD Tee Dee, etc. Facebook messages
and calls from colleagues, friends and family were nothing less than
overwhelming. Taking the family out for lunch midweek doesn’t happen every day.
So undoubtedly, we left no “spoon” unturned to make the most out of it. Needless
to mention, going click-click for no rhyme or reason whatsoever came as naturally
as always, and oh, did I mention selfies??? Coming back home to brew some hot
Darjeeling tea sprinkled with gupshup on top made for the perfect recipe for the
evening.
Well, I know that there are people around me who have chosen to
celebrate me. I can unabashedly declare that I celebrate them. We celebrate
because we value each other. After all, that’s what matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment